THE MOTORCYCLE DESIGN PROCESS:
Once initial contact is made and an approximate budget is agreed upon we will send you a concept sheet to fill in so that we can start building a picture of how your motorcycle will look. From there we will agree on the finer points of the build before providing you with a final quote (it is agreed upon that the quote can change with any customer approved alterations to design or parts as the build progresses)
Some factors to get you thinking about designing your custom motorcycle:
- What is your budget?
- What capacity motorcycle are you comfortable riding?
- Which donor motorcycle?
- How many cylinders? (more cylinders: more exhausts, more carburettors and hence a slightly bigger budget)
- Style of customisation (beach hopper, cafe racer, street scrambler, tracker,etc)?
- Paint scheme?
- Exhaust system?
- Do you need board racks?
Do some research, find out what you like and let us know all about it, we enjoy the design process and look forward to creating your motorcycle with you.
Minimum budget starts at £5000 for a small capacity Beach Hopper.
There are several factors which will vary the price of each build, from choice of donor motorcycle to final bodywork scheme or from choice of carburettors to stainless exhaust systems. A 50% deposit would be required up front based on our initial quote (which as stated previously may be subject to change as the build progresses) this will secure your build with an agreed start date and timescale. Another 25% will be requested to begin the build at our agreed start date. All spend costs will be outlined in a final build cost (amended where applicable from original quote) which will be handed over with the motorcycle along with a request for the final 25%.
All motorcycles leaving our workshop with the CMBL badge will be built to last and this is reflected in the cost. Build elements undertaken to ensure lasting quality can include:
- Tig welding
- Highly skilled aluminium bodywork creation
- Re-commissiong of wheels with new rims, stainless steel spokes and refurbished hubs
- Powder coating of frame and subsidiary parts
- Replacement stainless steel washers, bearings nuts and bolts throughout
- Professional painting of bodywork
- Professional manufacture of custom seat
- Engine rebuilds
- Polishing of engine casings & forks
- New carburettors or originals cleaned and rebuilt
Ordering a surfboard:
Whether you are interested in one of our current shapes or have an idea of your own, please feel free to get in touch and we can discuss options based on how you would like your board to perform. We work closely with some of the most established and exciting shapers in the UK and are open to suggestion. Please keep in mind, however, that our custom surfboards are designed to be surfed with an open minded approach. We also often carry a limited selection of stock surfboards. Prices start at £595
Currently Available Boards:
Jack Whitefield / Pic: Dave Muir